Making the decision to put your oral health first is monumental, especially if you’ve been on the fence and weighing your options for some time. If this is the case, then you’ve likely researched area professionals as well as options like revolutionary treatment with Invisalign®. This discreet treatment option has loads to offer, including a beautiful smile in less time. Before taking the new-smile plunge, there are several things our Gold Plus Invisalign® treatment provider in Wilmington wants you to consider.
Is Invisalign® Treatment Right for You?
When it comes to matters of your teeth, it’s important to arm yourself with as much information as you can prior to choosing a treatment method. With a variety of available options, our expert orthodontist says each one has unique benefits and is ideal for a specific patient type. Invisalign® treatment, for example, is groundbreaking and offers benefits that appeal to many, but it’s not for everyone. There are certain pros and cons to keep in mind:
- Virtually invisible – Discreet treatment option uses clear aligners
- Removable aligners – Easy to clean, no change in diet necessary
- Comfortable fit – No poking wires or brackets
- Safe to Use – BPA-free plastic
- Usually less treatment time and fewer visits
Invisalign® Treatment Cons
- Requires self-discipline – Aligners must be worn 22 hours a day, which means you must stay on top of keeping them in the majority of the time
- Must be removed prior to eating and brushing after every meal is required to avoid staining
- Not ideal for patients with bridgework or those who require vertical tooth movement
See Our Gold Plus Invisalign® Provider in Wilmington
There’s plenty more to learn about Invisalign® treatment and our experienced orthodontist is always ready to help you assess your treatment options, plus provide you with everything you need to know to make an informed decision. If you’re in need of orthodontic treatment, then contact our office today!
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about this and other orthodontic-related topics, feel free to contact Phillips Orthodontics, with a convenient orthodontic office located in Wilmington, NC, by clicking here or by calling 910.392.5773.