You’ve made the decision to go ahead and get braces. Congratulations, your choice will make your smile the brightest and straightest it can be. At Phillips Orthodontics, our board-certified orthodontist offers a free, no-obligation consultation to help determine which type of orthodontic treatment is best for you. If clear braces are preferred, our orthodontist has helpful tips regarding what to do in preparation for your clear braces in Wilmington, NC.
How To Plan Ahead For Clear Braces in Wilmington, NC
- Be sure to have a proper dental cleaning prior to getting your braces.
- Plan to ease your mild discomfort with over the counter pain relievers containing naproxen sodium, ibuprofen, or acetaminophen.
- Prepare for proper oral hygiene while you have your braces.
Our Board-Certified Orthodontist Recommends the Following for Keeping Your Teeth Clean:
- A fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash – Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay and will help remove debris that brushing alone may not reach.
- A waterpik – An electric or battery-operated toothbrush helps to remove plaque by cleaning behind and between the teeth, brackets, and other hard-to-reach areas.
- An oral analgesic – This comes in liquid, gel, or paste, and it may help soothe sores inside your mouth while you adjust to your braces.
- A customized mouthguard – Participating in sports that involve physical contact with other players or a thrown ball could result in facial injury, stitches, veneers, or resetting the braces entirely if hit in the mouth. Since over-the-counter mouthguards typically won’t fit over braces or provide proper protection, our orthodontist will provide you with a custom mouthguard once treatment has started.
Getting clear braces in Wilmington, NC, is nothing to be afraid of – it’s the next step in the process of perfecting your smile. Should you have any questions prior to getting braces, call our office at 910.392.5773 to schedule your free consultation.
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about this and other orthodontic-related topics, feel free to contact Phillips Orthodontics, with a convenient orthodontic office located in Wilmington, NC, by clicking here or by calling 910.392.5773.